Pages

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Easy reusable sandwich wraps

Hello all, and happy December. Hope it's going well for you so far. I must admit that I am not yet feeling very Christmassy, although I am increasingly feeling the pressure to get going properly on my Christmas shopping - eek! We are hopefully going to buy out Christmas tree this weekend - I really want a real one for the first time this year - so i'm sure that will help matters.

Today I have a very quick and easy project to share with you. I am not quite sure how to describe these if I'm honest...lunch wraps? Sandwich wraps? The word "wrap" always makes me think of a tortilla. Whatever you decide to call it (answers on a postcard please) this is a nifty little creation that can be used to wrap up your sandwiches/bagel/crumpets/biscuits/cake and keep them nice and safe during transort, avoid crumbs, are reuable and look so much prettier that a plastic bag. The little plastic bags you get to pack sandwiches etc in are a bug bear of mine - I find them so wasteful - and I am very pleased to have found a reusable alternative.


 
 
Guess which one I made for myself and which is for the boy... 


I used a tutorial which can be found here. The outside is cotton and the wraps are lined with PUL, or polyester/polyurethane laminate, a washable, waterproof and food-safe fabric. I bought mine from Fabritastic but there are many other suppliers. This is a great project for using up scraps of pretty fabric.



 


These wraps were made from a 13 inch square and I can just about fit a bagel or a slice of bread in. I think that the next time I make these (and I predict there will be many more to come) I would increase the size to 15 inch square. Also, I would add a fabric tab over the velcro strap just to make it look a bit neater. Otherwise nothing to add - these are a quick, easy and useful make which have been much-admired in the tea room at work! I am planning to make some for Christmas presents.

In other news, I have joined forces with Samantha Schofield to organise a creative and crafty blogger meet-up on 11th January in Nottingham. This will be a chance for creative & crafty bloggers to meet up and we will be having a craft swap, goodie bags and discussions all in a new cafe based in the city centre. If you would like to come along please get in touch!

K xx


5 comments:

  1. Heehee you are so cute! Protecting your lunchables in style :-) great project

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely idea, soo eco-friendly. Just followed on bloglovin' too. Look forward to the Blog Meet... Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds luke a great idea re meetup but just need to check the diary first. X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...