Pages

Sunday 29 December 2013

A spot of Christmas crafting

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I had a lovely time catching up with friends and family and eating far too much scrumptious food. As always it went by too fast! The preperations up to the days itself were fairly hectic, but I did manage to fit in a spot of Christmas crafting which I am now able to share with you. I'll let the (sadly poor quality iPhone) pictures do most of the talking...



Knitted angel made from a kit free with Let's Knit magazine, which is now sitting proudly
atop our tree


Homemade gift tags


Honey cowl

Applique cushion inspired by a design from Cath Kidston

A couple of pairs of PJ shorts for the boy (how AWESOME is the dinosour fabric!! Sadly all used up now
but I am aiming to find more so I can have a piar for myself)
That's all my Christmas crafting this year. A lot of my gifts were food-based - for example, for both our sets of parents the boy and I made up hampers full of a mixture of homemade and bought foody goodies. I am pleased to say these went down really well so i'm sure they will be repeated in years to come. Who doesn't like food, after all!

I can also now reveal what I received from my Sewist's Secret Santa...


Beautiful merino wool, funky lace and owl buttons (of course!)

Thank you Santa! Did you take part in the Sewists Secret Santa? Feel free to share the link below once you have blogged about your gifts and if I get enough I'll do a round up post. Thanks to everyone who took part, I look forward to seeing everyone's goodies!

Did you take part in any Christmas crafting this year?

K xx
Follow my blog with Bloglovin 

7 comments:

  1. Love the pj's! My godson would love the dinosaur print, where is it from? It's great to give handmade, I made silver pendants this year and stamped initials into the silver to buy them costs a fortune!
    Happy New Year! Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gifts! I haven't done much crafting at all this year, barely for myself so not for anyone else either. I did however recieve a lovely gift from my secret Santa, which I've blogged about here:
    http://eitchy.wordpress.com/2013/12/31/my-sewists-secret-santa-gift/

    Thanks, Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all fantastic! I love the cushion, and the angel is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that dinosaur fabric is fabulous!! :-)

    Thanks so much for organising the secret santa swap again - so much fun! I just did a blog post about what I got from my lovely santa. http://macskakat.wordpress.com/2014/01/01/secret-santa-sewing-goodies/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad all of your gifts went down well! Looking forward to catching up with you in the new year

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did a bit of a cheat with Christmas crafting, I went through all the things I made for craft fairs a few years ago and gave them as gifts... they'll never know! Ha ha. My secret santa was lovely... I blogged about it here: http://dfabricate.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/happy-new-year.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Secret Santa gave me lots of handmade lovelies which I've posted about at http://notionallybetter.blogspot.com/2014/01/sewists-secret-santa.html

    Thank you very much for organising it

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...