Pages

Thursday 26 May 2011

Birthday Goodies

Oh my goodness, i just wrote a whole post and then it disappeared! Fingers crossed that does not happen this time round....

So last week was my birthday and i turned the grand old age of 25 + 1. I had a fantastic day and was totally spoilt! In the evening we went to Le Bistrot Pierre which is very scrummy, and lots of food and wine was had by all! My amazing friend Helen also made me this fantastic cake....


She is very clever and has recently started her own small business making cakes (Helen York Celebrations). Even better it was gluten free (not that you could really tell) so my celiac friend could get in on the cake action, which is rare!

I was lucky enough to get some lovely sewing-related presents, some of which you can see below...(sorry for the poor photographs, apparently everywhere in my house has bad light today!).








I am excited to make the pants, especially since i have been following Ohhh Lulu for some time now and admiring her beautiful underwear makes. I realise mine will be the cheat version, but never mind...! I have also been coveting 'Sew' by Cath Kidston for quite some time...there are some brilliant patterns in there which have already been ear-marked for Christmas presents (7 months to go so at this stage i can be optimistic!). I also got some money which i am planning to spend on fabric for a couple of dresses i would like to make....exciting!!

In other news, my Crescent Skirt is nearly complete! Watch this space for pictures of the finished project (hopefully) coming soon...i can't wait!

K xx

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! That cake is amazing, your friend is so talented! Love the knicker making kit. I want one :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks like you had an amazing Bday! I love Le Bistrot Pierre...yummy! Oh and I'm so jealous of your knicker kit...how cool!

    I've got the day off work tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get A LOT of sewing this weekend...come on crescent skirt! Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...